[darcs-users] Looks nice. Noob questions.

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Tue Jan 13 06:10:52 UTC 2004

David Roundy wrote:
> The thing that breaks the symmetry is that usually there exist files that
> you don't want in the repo (e.g. *.o), so automatically adding files could
> be rather annoying.  On the other hand, if a file that was in the
> repository no longer exists, it's pretty safe to say that the user no
> longer wants it.

I think the traditional solution is:
1. whatsnew would default to --summary (for speed)
3. The boring pref would exclude almost all the files you don't want,
such as .o files
2. non-boring files that are not in the repo would be listed as ? so you
could decide whether or not to add them

I would definitely appreciate if darcs had this feature set.

Kevin