[darcs-users] darcs dist

David Roundy droundy at jdj5.mit.edu
Sat Jan 24 15:54:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:18:19PM +0100, Matias Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> I have an idea for 'darcs dist'. It goes a little something like this.
>
> When doing 'darcs dist', darcs creates a temporary
> directory, puts a copy of the recorded edition of the repo in the
> temporary directory, executes a set of scripts (i.e. token replacement)
> in the temporary directory, then packages it.
>
> This would make it possible to automatically update version numbers.

This already exists.  If you want darcs dist to always run a given shell
command, you can do this by setting the "predist" pref:

% darcs setpref predist "autoconf && automake"

This example runs autoconf and automake (actually, I think they should be
run in the other order, but that's not the point...), but you could as
easily use

% darcs setpref predist "sh predist_script"

to run a shell script in the dist directory.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/