[darcs-users] some problems with darcs

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Jan 28 17:59:19 UTC 2004

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

Hi David!

> Hmmm.  This is extra exciting.  Obviously we shouldn't be having a
> segfault.  Can you run this repair using valgrind? It would be nice if we
> could get an idea what is doing the segfaulting.  The prime candidate would
> be the Regex module (which has been known to segfault for no apparent
> reason), but I can't think of any Regex usage at this point in the code.
> Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be (but am very interested).

Just to inform you that yesterday I again re-build darcs and tried  it with
my old test repo (which was segfaulting, but it was in a frozen state) and here
is the result:

bash-2.05b$ darcs check
Looks like we have a difference...
Nothing
Inconsistent repo!

bash-2.05b$ darcs repair
Fixing current...
bash-2.05b$ darcs check
The repo is consistent!

Running again "repair" gives the following:

bash-2.05b$ darcs repair -v
Applying patches...
Applying patch [initial import of jyotish site
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031226171508]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
Applying patch [TAG jyotish-0.1.0
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031226171645]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
Applying patch [applied template to almost all of the pages
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031226211341]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
Applying patch [TAG jyotish-0.2.0
gour at mail.inet.hr**20031226211501]
Patch read...
Patch applies cleanly...
The repo is already consistent, no changes made.
bash-2.05b$

So, it looks like you fixed it. Congratulations!

I didn't forget about darcs & Win build, but (as you could probably see on
ghc lists) I hit the bug with ghc-6.2 and now I have to wait for 6.2.1 to
resume my MSYS/MinGW build :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--