[darcs-users] Current Pull Attempting to Overallocate

Sean E. Russell ser at germane-software.com
Thu Jan 29 13:37:17 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 07:56, David Roundy wrote:
> > Say, David -- have you tried running these large patch tests with darcs
> > compiled with nhc98?  Is it possible to compile darcs with nhc98?  In my
> I haven't tried compiling with nhc98, but my impression (when I looked at
> it) was that it doesn't have the library support I need.  On the other
> hand, now that I have the autoconf test framework for dealing with
> libraries, perhaps a port wouldn't be so bad.

Ok.  I wasn't suggesting that you spend your time doing this; I was more
curious about whether you'd tried or not.  It might be interesting to see how
the memory usage compares, but I doubt that, even in the best case, an nhc98
binary would approach the speed of the ghc one.

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido