[darcs-users] Feature request: Permissions

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Jan 31 14:11:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:21:18PM +0000, Anthony Doggett wrote:
> I am gradually learning how to do things the darcs way (e.g. committing
> often and unrecording when needed, tagging all significant changes).
> However, I still miss one CVS feature: preservation of permissions.  Any
> chance that changes to a repo (e.g. pull) could preserve the permissions
> of the files already present in the target directory, and perhaps even
> that local gets could copy permissions over too?  This would allow, among
> other things, scripts to retain their executable permissions.

I just added preservation of file permissions.  Thanks for the suggestion!
I haven't added permission preservation on local gets because that didn't
turn out to be as convenient.  Eventually (post-1.0) I'd like to add an
executable permissions flag patch type, which will deal with this on a more
permanent basis (and for remote gets as well).
http://www.abridgegame.org