[darcs-users] Re: Looks nice. Noob questions.

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Sat Jan 31 21:40:27 UTC 2004

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:10:52PM -0800, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> I think the traditional solution is: 1. whatsnew would default to
>> --summary (for speed)

> Well, I very rarely want to use whatsnew --summary... the real
> solution is to support proper inversion of options, so everyone can
> set their own default as they like (and then invert it to get the
> opposite).  Which is preferred would tend to depend on how often you
> record your changes, i.e. how big each change is.

This is funny, as before discovering this list I just submitted a
short option for --summary (-S) using "darcs push" (I started playing
with darcs one hour ago and already miss that a lot). I would also
prefer it to be the default...

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam