[darcs-users] CVS-style development with darcs

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Jul 2 15:00:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, David Roundy wrote:

> Indeed, it looks like a nice command, but I'd always do the same thing
> with two repos, one for each version, and just record the patch with
> name "foo", and pull it into the other repo to test.

Along these lines, it would be nice to be able to edit an already recorded
patch, under the 'promise' that you hadn't pushed it elsewhere or
understood the consequences if you had. I often find myself recording
half-finished work for various reasons (protect it if a merge goes wrong,
move it elsewhere temporarily, etc) and the later unrecording it to
continue. It would be much nicer just to be able to add to the existing
patch.

Cheers,

Ganesh