[darcs-users] Shared files

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Thu Jul 8 10:29:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

I find that I have files that are shared by projects.  E.g. I have
multiple LaTeX documents that share a BibTeX file - more or less.  The
question is: what is the recommended way to organize this?

I would like to be able to share the .bib file, so that when I start a
new project, I can reuse old stuff.  I tried having it as a separate
project, and just symlinking to it, but the disadvantage is that
changes to it doesn't get recorded along with corresponding changes to
the .tex file.

I'm thinking of having the .bib project be the parent of the .tex
projects, but can I, in an easy way, avoid inadvertently pushing .tex
changes to the .bib project?  What if I need another such auxilliary
file?

Similarly, I have my own library of routines that I frequently use,
and since it's a single file, I just keep copying it around.
Similarly, I would like to propagate (most) changes around to
otherwise unrelated projects - how?

-kzm