[darcs-users] Re: always long comment

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at falvotech.com
Wed Jul 14 01:48:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 06:28 pm, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> while this is interesting it is a bit far afield of my original query.
>
> is there any way to default to always add a long comment when adding
> updates.

I requested earlier on a feature for log *files*.  It allows me to type
up a file PRIOR to the commit operation, instead of during.  Then I
type:

 $ darcs record --all --logfile=MY.LOG.FILE ...etc...

and it records it.  The very first line of the file is the obligatory
short comment.  The remainder of the file is treated as a long comment.
It's become absolutely invaluable to me.

By using this approach, you can always have a long comment available when
commiting any new changes.

Hope that helps.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II