[darcs-users] darcs bug on win2k/XP

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Jul 14 10:48:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:17:13PM -0700, Will wrote:
> "Martin Schaffner" <maschaffner at gmx.ch> writes:
>
> > If I do
> >
> > mkdir repo
> > cd repo
> > darcs init
> > darcs whatsnew >bla
> > darcs add bla
> > darcs record -a --patch-name=1
> > cd ..
> > darcs get repo
> > cd repo
> > darcs whatsnew >bla2
> > darcs add bla2
> > darcs record -a --patch-name=2
> > darcs push -a ..\repo_0
> > cd ..
> >
> > on a Windows 2000 or Windows XP system with darcs 0.9.22 installed, then I
> > get the error:
> > Fail: G:/repo_0/darcs173375: removeFile: permission denied (Permission
> > denied)
> >
> > This happens on both FAT and NTFS
>
> The same happens for me using both darcs 0.9.22 as well as with the
> latest patches pulled on Monday.  This doesn't appear to be the old
> mmap bug as mmap was disabled on both builds.

Does the file G:/repo_0/darcs173375 exist afterwards? If not, then perhaps
the problem is that on windows when you remove a file that doesn't exist,
you get a permissions error rather than a "does not exist" error.  The
other possibility is that the permissions on the file are read-only and
that windows doesn't allow you to delete a read-only file...
http://www.abridgegame.org