[darcs-users] darcs bug on Windows share on Mac OS X

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Jul 14 11:13:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 04:58:39PM +0200, Martin Schaffner wrote:
> If I do the "push test" while having an SMB share as the working directory,
> I get:
>
> Fail: /Volumes/MARTIN/bla/repo_0/darcsfGi14U: removeFile: resource busy
> (Device busy)
>
> This happens with darcs from 2004-07-10, and "DARCS_SLOPPY_LOCKS=1" does
> not help.

I think I've found (and maybe fixed) this bug.  The problem is that under
windows you can't delete an open file, and in apply (which is used by push)
that's precisely what we do.  So I've closed the file before deleting.  If
you can retest with the latest darcs, that would be great.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org