[darcs-users] darcs CGI scripts and large projects

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Fri Jul 16 07:53:31 UTC 2004

[...]
> BARBOUR Timothy <Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au> writes:
[...]
> > Does anyone know what is wrong ? I am using darcs 0.9.22,
> and got the Perl
> > CGI script from the Debian darcs-server package 0.9.22-1 .
>
> This is actually the HTTP request path, not the PATH environment
> variable.  Perhaps you are trying to use one of the Haskell darcs_cgi
> URLs that contain a '*' character?  The new CGI is fairly paranoid and
> rejects any requests that contain shell meta chracters.
>
> The base URL for a repository is:
>
>   http://<server>/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/<repository>/

Thank you. I was using http://<server>/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi which produces the
error I mentioned. It works fine when I put the repository on the end. It
would be nice if the script displayed a list of repos, when invoked without
a repo name, instead of failing.

I am pleased to say the Perl CGI script is much faster, so long as I do not
choose "annotate" (darcs annotate runs very slowly on this repo). But I am
puzzled why the "tag" drop-down list is empty (only shows "none"), since the
repo contains a number of tags that were converted from CVS tags.

Tim

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.