[darcs-users] bug in get_extra

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Jul 16 10:36:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:09:08PM +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Everything worked out smooth since this morning, running my daily
> test: tailor did its work, slurping a few changeset in various products,
> but when I tried to sync with the condensed repo I got:
>
>   $ darcs pull ../taw/portaltransforms/
>   Pulling from ../taw/portaltransforms/...
>
>   Fail: bug in get_extra - please report this!

The trouble is that in

http://artix.dyndns.org/~lele/darcs/3rd/taw/portaltransforms

for some reason the two patches

Mon Jul  5 06:27:46 EDT 2004  shh42
  * PortalTransforms: changeset 2004-07-05 10:27:46
  Revert previous checkin; __init__.py is missing by design.

Mon Jul  5 05:01:55 EDT 2004  shh42
  * PortalTransforms: changeset 2004-07-05 09:01:55
  unsafe_transforms must be a package.

each show up multiple times, and darcs works under the assumption that a
patch name is unique.  Perhaps I should add code to check, but I don't like
to do that, since it makes a record be O(n) where n is the length of the
history of the repository.  At the minimum I should make darcs check verify
that all patch names are unique within a repo...

I imagine that this must have come about as a result of a bug in your cvs
conversion script?
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org