[darcs-users] Something strange with addfile and pending??

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jul 17 19:08:51 UTC 2004

I wrote:
> There are likely other ways, because I am sure I did never
> unpull anything from my upstream darcs copy.

I did some more testing and found out that whenever a repo
has a _darcs/patches/pending file, like an empty composite

  {
  }

which seems to happen on several other occasions than unpull,
any push or pull of an addfile patch will trigger the bug.
If there is no _darcs/patches/pending, the push/pull works
all right.

I tried with some different _darcs/patches/pending
setups: pending addfile, replace &c.  In all cases where
_darcs/patches/pending exists, it is simply overwritten
(former pending patches are destroyed) with the spurious
patch that removes the contents of the added file.