[darcs-users] Including another repos in a subdirectory

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Sun Jul 18 17:12:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

using darcs for several projects based on collections of various free
software pieces, I'm facing a new problem: "absorbing" an external
product from its own darcs repository.

The problem raises from the fact that that project keeps most of its
sources in the root directory of the repository, while I would need it
placed in some subdirectory in my repository tree. When the upstream
repository is under CVS or SVN I have total control on where I extract
it and then "darcs add" to my repos, but if on the other side there's
darcs, this is ironically a little bit more complicated.

Given excellent darcs mv behaviour, I could of course just go and
"darcs mv" everything in the right place, but I imagine this fails
when new files were added by the upstream author.

I will suggests an upstream tree re-layout: having the project kept
under a common "/ProductName/" tree would make everything work
smooth...  but in general, isn't it possible to "redirect" in some way
incoming patches down to a sub directory?

thanx a lot,
bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.