[darcs-users] Including another repos in a subdirectory

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Tue Jul 20 00:19:15 UTC 2004

[...]
> Do you nesting various darcs repos into a larger one, like this
>
> myrepos
> |-- _darcs
> |-- Extensions
> |-- Products
> |   |-- ATContentTypes
> |   |   |-- _darcs
> |   |   |-- ...
> |   |-- Archetypes
> |   |   |-- _darcs
> |   |   |-- ...
>
> ? Is this acceptable for darcs? I mean, running darcs in the top level
> directory won't be crawling down the hierarchy, or disturbed by the
> presence of other _darcs directories?

I do this with some of my projects. My top-level project just contains a
top-level Makefile and build information, so that I can have make recurse
into the nested projects and build them all. It works okay for me so far
(but my top-level project only has three files in it). I don't nest the
public repositories (the "top-level" project is a sibling there), only the
ones in my playpen.

Tim

-- sorry about the lame .sig --

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.