[darcs-users] "darcs get" crashes (usually)

Martin Schaffner maschaffner at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 20 11:45:27 UTC 2004

I have a darcs repo which I can't "get", neither on Windows nor on Mac OS
X. On the mac, darcs usually does a "Bus error", sometimes a "Segmentation
fault", and rarely it succeeds. The error happens while writing the dots
after "Copying patches...", not always at the same place. It is in
relation to garbage collection, as can be seen from this gdb session on
Mac OS X:

(gdb) r get /Volumes/bla/cpp/repo/
Starting program: /private/tmp/darcs get /Volumes/bla/cpp/repo/
Reading symbols for shared libraries +... done
Copying patches...
Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
0x0029d498 in evacuate ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0029d498 in evacuate ()
#1  0x0029eac4 in scavenge ()
#2  0x0029c2b8 in GarbageCollect ()
#3  0x00266a48 in schedule ()
#4  0x00267080 in waitThread_ ()
#5  0x00266f98 in scheduleWaitThread ()
#6  0x0027fbec in rts_evalLazyIO ()
#7  0x0023b7d4 in main ()
#8  0x00001ca4 in _start (argc=3, argv=0xbffffd8c, envp=0xbffffd9c) at /
SourceCache/Csu/Csu-46/crt.c:267
#9  0x00001b18 in start ()
(gdb)

On another topic, attached is a patch for the homepage. Please recreate
index.html after applying it, this will also copy the link for "ghc" from
index.html.in.

Thanks,
Martin