[darcs-users] Current repository only patches?

Igor Bukanov ml at igor.fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 25 16:16:01 UTC 2004

Hi!

Up to know I used darcs mostly on top of CVS tree to track my changes
between CVS commit/updates from remote servers. Darcs is briliant for
this setup but now I am trying to factor out CVS at least for one
project. But then I faced a problem.

I like to records patches often but I also do not want to make them
visible to any other repository until I decide to do so. For example,
often the patches corresponds to code that even does not compile or
contain changes that are canceled by following work or simply contain
experimentation no worth to publish.

As far as I can see there is no way in darcs to hide patches from pull.
can use tags like MY_READY_TO_PULL_HEAD and ask everyone to pull using
only this tag but nothing prevents other people to see all dirty details
of my work.

As a work around I can set up a separated darcs tree and then to
publish my changes I would push there only patches that are ready to use
skipping various record/unrecord pairs etc. But it seems like a lot of
work. What I really like to see is an option to push to that repository
all my changes since the last push as single monolithic patch.

Any hints/solutions?

Regards, Igor