[darcs-users] Current repository only patches?

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Sun Jul 25 17:34:35 UTC 2004

"Igor Bukanov" <ml at igor.fastmail.fm> writes:

> As far as I can see there is no way in darcs to hide patches from pull.
> I can use tags like MY_READY_TO_PULL_HEAD and ask everyone to pull using
> only this tag but nothing prevents other people to see all dirty details
> of my work.

> As a work around I can set up a separated darcs tree and then to
> publish my changes I would push there only patches that are ready to use
> skipping various record/unrecord pairs etc. But it seems like a lot of
> work.

Hmm...I don't see why it's so much more work: just tag your working
directory as you suggest above, and pull the tag to your published
repository?

I think much of the simplicity and elegance of darcs stems from doing
this kind of policy-type functionality with multiple repositories
instead of complex intra-repository mechanisms.

-kzm