[darcs-users] Current repository only patches?

Igor Bukanov ml at igor.fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 25 20:59:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:34:35 +0200, "Ketil Malde" <ketil at ii.uib.no>
said:
> "Igor Bukanov" <ml at igor.fastmail.fm> writes:
>
> > As far as I can see there is no way in darcs to hide patches from pull.
> > I can use tags like MY_READY_TO_PULL_HEAD and ask everyone to pull using
> > only this tag but nothing prevents other people to see all dirty details
> > of my work.
>
> > As a work around I can set up a separated darcs tree and then to
> > publish my changes I would push there only patches that are ready to use
> > skipping various record/unrecord pairs etc. But it seems like a lot of
> > work.
>
> Hmm...I don't see why it's so much more work: just tag your working
> directory as you suggest above, and pull the tag to your published
> repository?

The problem is that the publishing repository would contain many
overlapping patches or even record/unrecord pairs which corresponds to
tiny changes. The patches often have short temporary names without long
comments in most cases. I would prefer to build one single patch from
that with better comments and proper name and publish only that. AFAICS
it is not possible in darcs.

Regards, Igor