[darcs-users] Current repository only patches?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jul 26 10:55:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:59:00PM +0200, Igor Bukanov wrote:
> The problem is that the publishing repository would contain many
> overlapping patches or even record/unrecord pairs which corresponds to
> tiny changes. The patches often have short temporary names without long
> comments in most cases. I would prefer to build one single patch from
> that with better comments and proper name and publish only that. AFAICS
> it is not possible in darcs.

It sounds like you may be misunderstanding what unrecord does.  When you
record a patch and then unrecord it, there is no record left in the
repository of that patch.

It sounds like what you want to do is to have two repositories (for work
and publishing), and simply unrecord all your little changes in work and
record a new big patch before pushing to publish.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org