[darcs-users] Two bug reports: patch bundle corruption and a missing error message

Martin Sjögren msjogren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:23:12 UTC 2004

Hello list. I've got two bugs to report. This is with darcs 0.9.22 on Debian.

1. I have a patch bundle that contained patches for both files with
unix line terminators and files with dos CRLF line terminators.
Applying the bundle directly works fine, but when I send it with darcs
send, it gets corrupted somewhere on the way, I don't know if it's my
mailer, the recipient's mailer, or somewhere along the road, but in
any case, it breaks the hash of the patches so darcs refuses to apply
it. I don't know if it's something that even *can* be fixed, but it
took some time to figure out what was wrong...

2. When I used darcs send --output=/tmp/foo, I got the unfriendly message

Fail: takeLock: unsupported operation (Invalid cross-device link)

(my /home and /tmp are on different hard drives). It kinda sucks that
I can't use /tmp for --output, but at least it would be better if the
error was caught and a nicer error message was printed... :)

Thanks for a great piece of software, keep up the good work!

/Martin