[darcs-users] short options and long names (VOTE!)

Jonathan Wright Jonathan.Wright at orionhealth.com
Tue Jun 1 05:00:29 UTC 2004

With regards to long names for the email options, would it make sense to
use the same names as in Mime?

 --from=jonathan.wright at orion.co.nz
 --to="Kenneth Knowles <kknowles at berkeley.edu>"
 --cc=darcs-users at abridgegame.org
 --bcc=someone at example.com

The only real change would be changing "--author" to "--from". I'm not
sure if it's a good idea... I can see it both ways. If you are trying to
send an email, then the "--from" option is better. But if you already
know about authors then "--author" makes way more sense.

Anyone else care to comment?

Jonathan.