[darcs-users] Re: a question of procedure regarding executable scripts

Gabriel Ebner ge at gabrielebner.at
Wed Jun 2 14:05:01 UTC 2004

Hello,

Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> Automake, however, requires three doctorates in your choice of astrology,
> psychotherapy, the philosophy of Plato, and the study of Chaucer's
> literature.

I don't think so.  If you're writing C then it's great, but I don't think
it's suitable for Haskell.

> But I too cannot grok ANY of the GNU Auto-whatever tools.

They're actually pretty easy to use; but the autotools are intended to be
used with C/C++ (well perhaps autoconf could be used for other languages
too, but autoscan, autoheader and automake are very orientated towards C).

        Gabriel.

--
Gabriel Ebner - reverse "ta.renbeleirbag at eg"
==> Please don't CC me!  I'm reading the list.