[darcs-users] Darcs advocacy

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Jun 8 11:58:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Charles Goodwin wrote:

> Darcs could be really popular with a little advocacy.  I'm thinking of
> submitting a slightly editted version of this to osnews.com so it can
> get a little more exposure.

I would be careful about advocating it too early. Darcs is really cool,
but it is still rather flakey and (in my opinion) the merging behaviour is
not yet properly designed.

Having just used it quite intensively for a time-critical project over a
three day period, my belief that it is not yet ready for production use
remains; there are too many bugs, and too many confusing situations - I'm
saying this as someone who really wants to stick with it and help improve
it in whatever way I can until it _is_ ready.

If we draw too many users in now, some will be put off by the bugs and may
never return later.

Cheers,

Ganesh