[darcs-users] darcs 0.9.21 critical bug on Linux

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Jun 13 07:17:17 UTC 2004

Thanks for the trace.

> getcwd("/home/kc5tja/Projects/site/repos/kestrel", 4096) = 41
[...]
> open("darcs_lock_bottlenose5b177d02c4", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_EXCL, 0666) =
> -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

Can you confirm that you've got write permissions on
/home/kc5tja/Projects/site/repos/kestrel ?

(I'll submit a patch to improve the error message ASAP, sorry for any
confusion caused.)

SF> ReiserFS actually.

Excellent choice.  Darcs likes to create directories with gazillions
of small files, and Reiserfs likes that too.

                                        Juliusz