[darcs-users] Yet another critical bug.

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Jun 13 11:05:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 06:11:42PM -0700, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> Wow, folks, seems like you guys really broke it this time... :-)
>
> here's yet another bug report.
>
> bash-2.05b$ DARCS_SLOPPY_LOCKS=yes darcs record --all --logfile=LOGFILE
>
> Fail: LOGFILE: openFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> bash-2.05b$ ls
> LOGFILE     asm-test.fs  cpu-test.fs  emu.fs  strace.out
> asm-old.fs  asm.fs       cpu.fs       sdl.fs  testKey.fs
> bash-2.05b$ _

> Are you sure you folks are setting the current directory accordingly
> while the program is running?  :)

Thanks for the bug report! The problem was that darcs always sets the
current directory to be the root of the repository before doing anything
else.  It then needs to make sure to correct all relative file paths from
the command-line input, and I didn't think to tell it that the --logfile
flag was a file path that might need correcting.
http://www.abridgegame.org