[darcs-users] Using Darcs for large projects

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Jun 18 11:36:21 UTC 2004

>> (The relevant change is ``Avoid unpacking PackedStrings in the printer''
>> dated Sun Jun 13 02:02:34 CEST 2004.

DR> I don't think that change will affect a record -a, since record -a uses
DR> hPutPatch, and entirely bypasses the Printer.

Right, my wrong.

In order to do darcs record -a on a 26 MB tree consisting of 2226
files, current darcs uses 118 MB of (virtual) memory and terminates in
slightly over 30 seconds.

(The 118MB include the space taken by mmap, of course.)

Does the above look right, David, or shall I take out my profiler?

                                        Juliusz