[darcs-users] darcs record --date

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Jun 23 09:32:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:54:46PM +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> shouldn't the record command grow a new "--date" option, allowing me
> to mirror the application date of a changeset imported from either CVS
> or SVN or some other VC system?

You can do that with the (totally non-obvious) --pipe option.  This also
changes darcs' behavior significantly, regarding how it prompts the user.
I could also add a --date option, but at least when calling darcs from
perl, the --pipe option is good, since it means you don't have to try to
quote your values for the shell.
http://www.abridgegame.org