[darcs-users] feature request: darcs changes --latest

Peter "Firefly" Lund firefly at diku.dk
Sun Jun 27 19:31:44 UTC 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Tommy Pettersson wrote:

> Most of the time I only want to see the latest changes when
> I use `darcs changes'.  I usually type `darcs changes |
> head -60', but that is tiresome and it would please me if I
> could type `darcs ch -l10' to see the ten latest changes.
> I find it easier to just get a screenfull of the latest
> changes then to remember and type resent tags or patch names.
> A second alternative is `darcs ch -l60' meaning `darcs changes
> --lines=60' to get the 60 first printed lines of changes,
> but I think alternative 1 is more esthetic and also many times
> you have a feeling about how many changes you want to see.

I concur.  I also keep typing darcs changes | head -<something>.

Specifying the number of changes to show seems much better than specifying
the number of lines.

> I also think (is the voting period over?) that the --from-*
> options for the changes command are top candidates for
> short forms.  I suggest -m, -p and -t.

Not so sure about this.  I think it would be better to show restraint for
a while more with the short options.  There might be other things we might
want to use them for.

-Peter