[darcs-users] Moving patches with USB keys

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jun 28 10:34:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 06:29:49AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:11:26AM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Of course, this begs the question why the temporary repo needs to be
> > created at all, and why you cannot simply say
> >
> >   darcs send --context /mnt/key/context
> >
> > I guess it's simply that it hasn't been implemented yet (hint, hint).
>
> Yes, this is indeed the obvious next step... and is now done.  :)
>
> Of course, I haven't tested it... or documented it, apart from the
> automatic addition to the --help message...

I should add that the other obvious addition would be a --from-tag option
which would push to any repository that has that tag.  I haven't added this
yet, but should... or someone else could try.  In adding --context support,
I've already done the reorganization.  You'd just have to add support for
the "match_after" set of flags and make use of the inappropriately named
"match_first_patchset" function to get the context patchset.  This would
also add support for --last, --from-match and --from-patch.
http://www.abridgegame.org