[darcs-users] Patches destructively reordered?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jun 28 10:38:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:18:19AM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Am I right in my assumption that unless you unrecord or unpull,
> patches are nevel reordered within a single repository?  In other
> words, that if a given patch appears as number 123 in darcs changes,
> it will remain number 123 in the future?

Currently, yes.  However, I've long had plans to change this.  I want to
implement an option to darcs optimize that will reorder the patches in a
repository to better match another repository, which could have major
performance benefits, both in memory and speed.  In fact, even just
reordering the patches without reference to an external repo could have
large benefits when there is an old old change that isn't in any of the
tags, since such a change keeps darcs from making any optimizations based
on the existence of those tags.
http://www.abridgegame.org