[darcs-users] [BUG] darcs push --dry-run fails

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Jun 30 10:56:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:43:40PM +0200, Peter Firefly Lund wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, David Roundy wrote:
>
> > darcs failed:  You can only push to local directories or scp-style URLs.
>
> What's wrong with allowing PUT requests to http-stype URLs?
>
> Locking?
> Atomicity?

Push actually runs darcs apply on the target machine.  Darcs doesn't have
any support for writing to remote files.  There's no reason one couldn't
implement such support, but it would be wasteful in terms of bandwidth, and
when you add in the issue of security, it's something I'd rather not bother
with.
http://www.abridgegame.org