[darcs-users] Browsing the repository from the command line

Kenneth Knowles kknowles at uclink.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 1 17:08:44 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a feature request, which I am quite willing to implement myself, but I
don't want to do the work if there is a good answer already, or it seems ugly in
some way (I'm using darcs instead of arch mostly because it has a simpler
command set, and does more bookkeeping for me - the other reason being that it
is written in a modern programming language)

The request is a command 'darcs list' which would show the available patches
from a remote repo.  Once I know a patch name I can view the changes with 'darcs
changes', or I can browse through available patches with 'darcs pull' and just
not apply them.  But I'd really like to run a command that would list the
patches and I could browse them asynchronously, and then use 'darcs pull' to
apply them non-interactively.  I know about the web interface, but I'm thinking
of something a little more lightweight in terms of user interaction.

Is this solve by some flag of a command already?

Kenn