[darcs-users] Per-directory version control

Sean E. Russell ser at germane-software.com
Tue Mar 2 13:35:53 UTC 2004

I mentioned a use case briefly in an earlier email that didn't generate any
discussion, I'm going to ask a more pointed question about it.

I have a project, foo, which is a library for a programming language.  It has
a bunch of development oriented directories and files in it:

	foo-project/
		test/
		src/
			foo/						<--- Exported
			testing/
			back-compatible-visitors/
		docs/
		design/
		todo/

This library is also included with the core distribution of the language, but
not the entire project is included with the distribution, so I export the
src/foo directory to the language's CVS repository:

	bar-language/
		src/
		test/
		libs/
			foo/						<--- Imported
		documentation/

Obviously, it would be really handy for me to be able to use darcs to
cross-post changes; the usefulness of this would be even more evident if the
language's repository was a darcs, not a CVS, repository.

This is a practical example of a topic which has come up numerous times in
this mailing list, and which, I feel, has never been adequately addressed[1].
So, my question is:

What is the recommended process for expediting cross-pollination of
subdirectories in darcs repositories?

[1] Here I have to voice my frustration with mailman for not providing any
mechanism for searching the archive.

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido