[darcs-users] Re: Browsing the repository from the command line

Kenneth Knowles kknowles at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 2 16:37:38 UTC 2004

If it isn't too high priority, I'd love to work on this.  It would be my first
non-toy programming in Haskell, so I might be a bit slow.

Then would the process be something like the following?

$ darcs changes --repodir http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs
[List of patch names]
$ darcs show --repodir http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs '[New patch I'm interested in]'
[Changes]
$ darcs pull --patch-name='[New patch I'm interested in]'

> Hmmmm.  This is what I currently do if I want to see what patches could be
> pushed or pulled, but it seems ugly.  Perhaps either a pair of new commands
> list-pushable and list-pullable?

How about extending pull and push with a --list flag?  --summary?
Do you really want a new command?  Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to
think of it as a flag on pull/push.

Then it would be

$ darcs pull --list http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs
[List of only new patch names]
$ darcs show --repodir http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs '[New patch I'm interested in]'
[Changes]
$ darcs pull --patch-name='[New patch I'm interested in]'

Am I on the right track?

Kenn