[darcs-users] Re: Browsing the repository from the command line

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Mar 3 12:05:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 01:24:42AM +0100, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> > Kenneth Knowles <kknowles at uclink.berkeley.edu> writes:
>
> >> darcs missing [--push|--pull] [--show [--unified-diffs]] [repo]
>
> > Wow, I really like that.

Me too.  (btw, the push --list idea wasn't bad either, but this is better,
since it allows push and pull to be only used for actual "pushing" and
"pulling".)

> > Though 'darcs show' is still needed to view a single patch by name,
> > yes?
>
> Add [-m patchname | -t tagname ] to this command and you're done :)

I'm not sure I like that idea.  I agree that we should add -m and -t
options, but they shouldn't tell it to *show* the patches.  I might want to
see what patches I'm missing that have "bug" in their name, but not see the
contents themselves.

I guess adding a --show option would be useful, but I'd still like the show
command, because often you'd like to use it for looking at changes in your
own repository, and it would be extremely counterintuitive to use missing
for that.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org