[darcs-users] bugs in darcs 0.9.17 (or earlier)

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Thu Mar 4 01:17:23 UTC 2004

[...]
> I've added a --quiet option to push, and the infrastructure
> is there for
> easily adding it to other commands, so suggestions of
> commands to add it to
> are welcome.

Thank you.

I also run 'darcs check' from the script, but probably suitably creative
people could run any darcs command in a script. CVS has the concept of
"global options" which are used like this: cvs <global options> <command>
<options for comand> , and the quiet options ('-q' (somewhat quiet) and '-Q'
(very quiet)) are global (not sure why CVS needs two degrees of quietness -
maybe because it does not have a verbose option).

> Thanks for the bug report (and for giving me all the info needed to
> reproduce it)!

You are welcome.

> It turns out to be a bug in remove that caused the problem.
[explanation snipped]
> it's definitely worth fixing.  Another possibility would be
> to edit the
> "remove_kernel_abstraction_directory" patch itself and take
> out the rmdir
> (leaving it as an empty change).  This latter option is
> cleaner and nicer,
> but a bit more of a pain... you'll probably find it easiest
> to zgrep in
> _darcs/patches to find which file to edit.

Thanks for the explanation. I will apply your latter suggestion. I should
have reported a bug instead of recording that second patch.

> I don't have time today (must get ready for work), but
> hopefully tomorrow
> I'll fix these two bugs.  Thanks again for the bug report,
> these are two
> rather nasty bugs one of which has the effect of hiding the other!

Thanks for the great user-support!

Tim

-- sorry about the lame .sig --

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.