[darcs-users] Re: Link Fails in Current Pull

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Mar 8 00:26:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:05:57AM +0100, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Paul> From looking at the generated command, it appears that ghc is
> Paul> being passed -arch i386 and -arch ppc, which is an interesting
> Paul> idea, but doesn't seem to work.
>
> Also, with an up-to-date darcs on FreeBSD:
>
> Linking darcs ...
> ghc-6.2: unrecognised flags: -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
> Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
> gmake: *** [darcs] Error 1
>
> It looks like you should not use output from curl-config blindly.

Ah, probably needs a -optc or -optl stuck on the front of the C compiler
and linker flags respectively.

I think (untested)
    $(addprefix -optl,$(shell curl-config --libs))
should do it provided there is no inconvenient white space. I can't
think of an elegant solution that copes if there is OTTOMH.

Thanks
Ian