[darcs-users] push, and how I used darcs

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sun Mar 14 06:08:24 UTC 2004

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> Another potential advancement you could get via push would be that if you
> could push to the server via email (which requires being able to run
> procmail and install darcs on the server),

That is not so easy if you don't own your server - find one with darcs installed or with ghc :-(

> and if you have a slow test
> suite, then if you use push to upload to the server you could have the
> server run the test suite and reject the push if it fails.  This is the
> main reason why I use push.

...and that's the main reason why I don't use push - must use rsync, since ssh
is the only thing I can get on host server.

Therefore, others can just pull my changes and/or send their patches via email
and I, as Kevin wrote, "...may apply it to my local repo as if I had made the
change myself."

Sincerely,
Gour

--