[darcs-users] Re: Darcs record hangs

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Mon Mar 15 00:15:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 12:03:50AM +0000, Robin Green wrote:
> I tried stracing it but that Heisenbuggered it, changing it from a hang
> to a "Interrupted!".

Ah, sorry, my mistake - I'm used to pressing F and then CTRL+C in less,
but of course CTRL+C was picked up by darcs as an interrupt.

The strace shows an infinite loop of:

sigreturn()                             = ? (mask now [])
--- SIGVTALRM (Virtual timer expired) @ 0 (0) ---

with regular interspersions of rt_sigprocmask.

Prior to that, the last file-related syscalls are opening, reading,
statting and closing _darcs/patches/pending.
--
Robin