[darcs-users] ignore failure on setFileTime?

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Wed Mar 17 07:46:23 UTC 2004

Hey, we're getting this error on checkins (--and-apply via ssh):

  Fail: permission denied
  Action: setFileTimes
  Reason: Operation not permitted

The repo is owned by nobody and all the committers belong the the
group used through the repo.  All the directories are g+s.  The
problem is that if you're in the group and have g+w, you can
modify/delete the file, but you can't alter its mtime.

Can darcs live without the ability to set the mtime on a file when
applying a patch?

  - a

--
"It's lucky," he added, after a pause, "that there are such a lot of
islands in the world.  I almost envy you, Mr. Watson."

                                                   -- Mustapha Mond