[darcs-users] darcs build on win32 (msys/mingw) fails

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Mar 17 13:47:51 UTC 2004

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> I've made a change to make configure use ghc as the gcc for its tests.  It
> works for me, and I'd be interested in hearing if it helps with the windows
> compile.  This really seems like the right thing to do--the whole point of
> configure is to automatically test for these things.  I suppose you'll
> still have to add the paths, but this way if you don't, configure *should*
> tell you there's a problem.

This change break build on my Gentoo box:

bash-2.05b# emerge -v darcs
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-util/darcs-0.9.17 to /
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) darcs-0.9.17.tar.gz
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking darcs-0.9.17.tar.gz to /gentoo_tmp/portage/darcs-0.9.17/work
>>> Source unpacked.
checking for ghc... ghc
checking for gcc... ghc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Here is config.log:

[...]

Hsc static flags: -static
*** Deleting temp files
Deleting:
ghc-6.2: no input files
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
configure:1733: $? = 1
configure:1735: ghc -V </dev/null >&5
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.2
configure:1738: $? = 0
configure:1761: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:1764: ghc -Os -march=pentium3 -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -fomit-frame-po
inter -pipe -funroll-loops   conftest.c  >&5
ghc-6.2: unrecognised flags: -Os -march=pentium3 -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -fomit
-frame-pointer -pipe -funroll-loops
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
configure:1767: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:1806: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

[...]

Sincerely,
Gour