[darcs-users] patch file naming

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Mar 18 13:25:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:11:27AM -0500, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> > On the other hand, since my computer just spent nine days converting a
> > (large) CVS repository,
>
> How large?  What sort of computer?

33000 patches (half of which are tags) for a total of 220M patches
(compressed).  18000 files and directories for a total (according to du
-sh, which I think rounds up to block size on each file) of 215M.

My machine is a 700MHz PIII.

In defense of darcs' speed, about half the time was spent in cvsps... and
in defense of cvs, my conversion script didn't try to be very clever, is
just asked for patches between each changeset... and it asked about each
changeset twice, once to get the comments/author/etc and once to get the
actual changes.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org