[darcs-users] push and send

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Fri Mar 19 07:21:25 UTC 2004

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

Hi David!

> I've become convinced that in fact the best plan is to split the push
> command into two separate commands, push and send, as Adam and others have
> been arguing.  Basically, I started trying to clean up the documentation
> for the push command after implementing my ideas, and realized that it
> seemed impossible to explain clearly, which is what finally convinced me
> that it was not a good idea after all.

Thank you very much for new feature(s).

> Send now does what push was originally indended to do, which is to create
> patch bundles that can be applied with apply, and usually send them via
> email (thus the name), although saving as a file is supported.

In order to test "send" feature I prepared a small patch for wxruby project
(Gentoo ebuild) and send it to the author.

However, even after sending it few times, he does not receive anything (I even
CC-ed patch to my email and received it :-).

Today I prepared a patch once again and take a close(r) look at the message
(since I'm on dialup on all the messages are caught by my local qmail'l alias.)

It looks that the problem (for dialup usrs) is how darcs prepares the message.

Here is the header: