[darcs-users] push and send

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Fri Mar 19 12:39:55 UTC 2004

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> I think this is probably a qmail configuration problem.  All the headers
> before the To: header are added by qmail.  On the other hand, somehow mutt
> is doing things right... Hmmm.

Actually, (after some thinking) no wonder and it's not qmail.

I'm logged as gour and my localhost (alias) is gaura.nitai.hr.

So, darcs uses  my localusername at localhostdomain in Return-Path.

(qmail's defaultdomain is: gaura.nitai.hr)

Mutt works since  I use profiles, .e.g

my_hdr From: Gour <gour at mail.inet.hr>
my_hdr Reply-To: Gour <gour at mail.inet.hr>

set realname="Gour"

set hostname=mail.inet.hr

and therefore everything works nicely.

> Well, I'd try first experimenting a bit to see why qmail isn't giving the
> right Return-Path.  You can call it directly by taking the above messaging,
> editing out all the headers but To, From, Subject and Cc, and then calling

So, I assume qmail working as expected - giving Right-Path which is
according to my local username & localhost domain.

> I think I've run out of ideas, but this is definitely something I'd like to
> make sure "just works", at least as far as is possible.

So, something like mutt's: "set hostname" is required or some switch for
external mailer like mutt, or is it anticipated that dialup users should have
their ISP's fqdn as localhost's domain?

(all my outgoing mail is catched by alias before dispatching via maildirsmtp)

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Gour

--