[darcs-users] down with timestamps! (was: patch file naming)

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Sat Mar 20 19:02:45 UTC 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

> The timestamp information *is* useful to humans, and therefore should be
> included.

Just to clarify (since I think I started the serial number thing), my
thought was a DNS-like augmentation of the timestamp with a number in
order to avoid clashes, e.g. when importing a zillion patches from CVS
or similar.  This number could be zero in most cases, and simpy
increased by one when it would otherwise cause a clash.

It seems to me to be a better solution than waiting a second for a new
timestamp, anyway.

-kzm