[darcs-users] pushing, sending and multiple default options

Vadim Zaliva lord at crocodile.org
Sun Mar 21 03:32:27 UTC 2004

Hi!

I was trying to set up darcs to send email on each push to certain
repository.
(this is the way it is commonly done in CVS - send email list notifying
about
all commits)

My idea was to set it up to email patch via -c option each time I do
push.
While trying this I discovered small bug: prefs/defaults could contain
just
one option per command, so you could not say:

push and-apply
push cc lord at crocodile.org
record no-test

this is easy to fix and I did fixed it, but unfortunately recently
introduced
separation between 'push' and 'send' invalidated the whole approach.

I think it would be useful to leave the possibility for 'push' to send
email via
-c option.

Sincerely,
Vadim

--
"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais
quand il ne reste rien a enlever."  (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)