[darcs-users] bug report: darcs appears stuck in busy loop

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Mar 23 13:35:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 02:56:37AM -0800, Adam Megacz wrote:

> curl http://www.megacz.com/tmp/darcs-test.tgz | tar -xvzf -
> cd nestedvm
> darcs pull http://nestedvm.ibex.org/
>
> Using 0.9.17 the pull runs for over an hour at 97% cpu...

Just to let you know, I've been working on this for a few days now.  The
problem is that you're merging two changes which each make many
modifications to the same file (109 and 36, I believe) including numerous
conflicts, and this has revealed a scaling problem in the conflict handling
code.

I was hoping to figure it all out before responding, but that looks
unlikely.  I've been tracking down the root cause of the problem, and have
eliminated a number of possibilities, but expect it'll be at least a few
more days before I can get it figured out.  :(
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org