[darcs-users] neat paper

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Sun Mar 28 23:16:49 UTC 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
> paper, so I'm not sure how well this would work.  The question (or one
> interesting question, anyways) would be whether an arbitrary parser can be
> mapped to a lens.  I.e. if a parser could be written as a lens mapping from
> a flat tree to a structured tree.

Yeah, kinda like taking darcs' advanced diff format (token
replacement, etc) to the limit -- as long as you can provide a lens
for a given file format, darcs would be able to do much more
intelligent diff/patch/merge operations on the tree structure instead
of a big pile of text lines.

Imagine parse-tree level source code diffing... ;)

  - a